Wednesday, May 11, 2016

ILNP Spring 2016 | my picks

MAGYAR verzió                                                                                                                                       Purchased by me

I finally had some time to swatch my pre-ordered (from Nailland) Spring shades from ILNP. I ordered both from the Jellies and from the main collection, and it's a nice selection colorwise too. Although I kinda don't know what happened to me when I ordered Jello Shot too, because it's so not me, but I guess I wanted to experiment a little :D
Now let's see my 5 picks from the Spring line, well 5 picks at the moment, because I have an ever growing wishlist, so hopefully there will be more to come :)


One of my favorite color is mint and I also really like this holo-metallic finish (called Ultra Metallics), so when I saw the first pictures of Rolling Hills, I knew I HAVE TO HAVE IT!
I noticed that both Rolling Hills and Bulletproof Symphony are thinner, more sparse than my previous Ultra Metallics, so I needed 3 coats, while the older formulations were perfect 2 coaters (but in the mean time I like the holo effect in the newer ones better).
It dries smooth and shiny, so you won't get a textured finish, but of course I used a coat of topcoat over it.



Bulletproof Symphony is somewhere between blue and purple, it depends on the lighting which color is more prominent. It has an interesting twist with some pink-red shimmer!
3 coats + topcoat



Now, I don't really wear pink or red, and here I am, owning the most pinky-red shade from the collection :D To be honest, I thought this shade will be a bit more light and bright (almost like a melon color), but it's actually less bright and more deep than I imagined. Of course I fell in love with it every time when the light hits it and that gorgeous holo effect starts to glamour me :D
Because this is a jelly, I needed 3 coats of it. It dries super shiny, but I added a coat of topcoat anyway.



I wanted a nude too, and I choosed Sweet Pea, and I'm so happy with it. It's nice on my skintone, it doesn't wash me out. It can be more peach or more pink depending on the light (and skintone/nail color of course), but it leans more towards pink. I used 3 coats, but still there's some nail lines showing. I kinda don't mind it, with nudes I like the sheer look. I will show you a stamping nail art with this tomorrow.



Skyscraper was another instant favorite. It's a pretty, slightly muted sky blue. Perfect for every season! And that ultra holo effect is mind blowing!
I used 3 thin coats + topcoat.


I can't wait for the Summer collection, even though I still have 4-5 shades from previous collections that I haven't swatched yet. Anyway, let me know what you picked up from ILNP's Spring 2016 collections, or which shades were your favorites!


0 comments:

Post a Comment